[Histonet] histotech needed near Charlotte NC

RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com
Fri Jul 21 14:09:32 CDT 2006

We are in rather urgent need of a full time permanent histotechnologist (one
tech leaving to take care of her parents elsewhere) and also of a temporary
histotechnologist (one tech going on medical leave) - in Gastonia NC. We would
prefer that the temporary work late night to early morning, but that's not
essential. Prefer a certified histotechnologist, but will consider uncertified
with three years experience. We are not in a position to offer OJT.

As many of you know, I'm one of five pathologists serving Gaston Memorial
Hospital (see www.caromont.org), a 432 bed community hospital. We normally have
five histotechnologists. Our histotechnologists accession specimens into CoPath
and MYSIS, but do not gross (we have a pathologist's assistant), do
cytopreparation, or assist at autopsies. Two histotechnologists work each Saturday, but
no night or emergency call (pathologists do that). We have a Ventana
immunostainer.

Gastonia is a pleasant small city west of Charlotte, North Carolina. You
could commute in either direction, and Gastonia is actually more convenient to the
Charlotte airport than most of Charlotte is, right up Interstate 85. In
addition to the readily accessible cultural attractions of Charlotte, we have the
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden (one of the nation's outstanding ones), the
Schiele Museum of Natural History (which includes a planetarium), and my special
thing, the Gastonia Greenway (just look up "greenwaybob" - one word - in Google
- for my Web page about it).

Telephone 704-831-2173, human resources, and ask for the recruiter, Betsy
Eaves. You can contact me by e-mail, but I'm not really involved in the hiring
process, and cannot discuss salary or benefits.

Robert S. Richmond MD
staff pathologist at Gaston Memorial Hospital