[Histonet] Re: vertical lines in paraffin

rgrow <@t> bmnet.com rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Tue Jan 31 12:57:33 CST 2006

Dina
What a coincedence!  I had the same problem (years ago) when I worked for
Tulane Primate Research Center (now renamed) on the North Shore.
If you stain  your slides and have no lines in your sections, it may be the
silicone coating they put on the slides at the factory.  Sometimes it is
heavier than normal.  Continue to use the same blade and after a couple of
blocks, the lines should go away.
If you continue to have problems, try stirring your paraffin before
embedding.  The polymers may not be evenly distributed and will appear as
small white "floaters" in your holding tank.

Renee Grow, BA., HT (ASCP)
rgrow <@t> bmnet.com
Histology Supervisor
Blount Memorial Hospital