[Histonet] Slide storage

Orr, Rebecca ROrr <@t> enh.org
Thu Jan 19 12:26:04 CST 2006

Hello everyone,

I need to store unstained slides  for what might be 6 months to a year.
These slides may be used for some IHC staining.  I do not know what
anibodies, but I would imagine they are not  the ones used in a routine
clinical lab setting.

I have some options,  for storage, please give opinions.

Store the slides in a slide mailer, then wrap in foil and place in -80
freezer?

Or one of my pathologists talked about coating each unstained slide in a
layer of paraffin.  Has anyone done this technique?

I would assume that I just cut, dry, then  melt the slide, then dip the
slide in paraffin?

Many thanks for your help.

Becky

 Becky Orr CLA,HT(ASCP)