[Histonet] Bone marrow unspecific staining

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 8 09:16:18 CST 2005

Paraformaldehyde is just freshly made formaldehyde solution from powder in
a buffer.  It should not make a difference in the staining or
background.  As this is a bovine sample in origin you may need to change
your blocking serum.  You do not give the type of serum so here I can not
really make a suggestion.  Animal tissues often requires making adjustments
not suggested in standard protocols.

Pamela A Marcum
UPENN Vet School
Kennett Square, PA