[Histonet] HIF-1 immunohistochemistry

Luis Chiriboga Luis.Chiriboga <@t> med.nyu.edu
Mon Jun 20 17:53:03 CDT 2005

I would recommend you try the antibody from Neomarkers/labvision.  works
well in human and mouse. They also say works in Sheep, rat and Ferret so
perhaps it may work in cat.  you  may want to visit the website or give them
a call to see if the have done any further species testing since I ordered
the antibody well over 2 years ago.....

____________________________________
Luis Chiriboga Ph.D.
NYU Cancer Institute and
Bellevue Hospital Center
New York University School Of Medicine
Department Of Pathology 4W27
462 First Avenue
New York, N.Y. 10016
W(212) 562-4667.
F(212) 263-2041

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Andi
Kappeler
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2005 12:08 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] HIF-1 immunohistochemistry

Dear all

I have a vet who wants to do immunohistochemistry for HIF-1 alpha (hypoxia
inducible factor 1 alpha) on fresh frozen and/or paraffin embedded tissue
from CATS. Would anybody know a source for an anti-HIF-1 antibody that would
work on cat tissue? The MSRS database revealed quite a few antibodies, but -
of course - no one of them was mentioned to be suitable for cats...
Many thanks!

Andi Kappeler
Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Switzerland