[Histonet] Technovit staining

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Wed Jun 8 11:46:45 CDT 2005

I use Gills 3 for 15 min. for GMA plastic sections H&E.  It is very
concentrated and does not require acid alcohol differention.  I use aqueous
eosin (0.2%) for 20-30 min. with a very quick dips in 95% ETOH to set the
eosin and get it out of the background.  I airdry and permount after 95%
ETOH.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jorge
Tornero
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:37 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Technovit staining

Hi,

do you know a good process for staining with H&E cuts of specimens embedded
in technovit 7100 resin? We usually stain them manually, with a simple 7.5
minutes of harris hematoxilin bath, followed by rinsing int tap water for
another 7.5 minutes (with lots of agitation, if not, blue  patches remains
even in the glass surface of the slide), 7.5 minutes in eosin and a final
rinse in water for 5-7 minutes, but we have recently adquired an autostainer
from leica and we eant to use a more complex protocol. ¿do you have any good
experience?

Thank you