[Histonet] background on the negative controls

Nava, Josefa JosefaNava <@t> texashealth.org
Fri Jul 22 13:35:08 CDT 2005

Hello,

Has anyone had a problem  on their negative  controls  having  heavy
brown staining  that looks like real DAB staining on negative  mouse and
Rabbit controls that were retirieved using heat  but the negative
control  that  used only protease treatment was very clean. I did  a lot
of IHCs on adrenal mass  tissue and my  Rabbit and Mouse negatives look
like they have positive staining. H2O2 treatment  did not  correct the
problem, I also used the Avidin Biotin  block. Anymore  suggestions?
Thank you.

Josie

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from your system.