[Histonet] Endogenous peroxidase blocking

Pablo Sánchez Quinteiro psanquin <@t> lugo.usc.es
Fri Jul 22 10:11:28 CDT 2005

Dear Histonetters,

I ask for your help. I am doing an immunohistochemical procedure in really
bloddy specimens. The endogenous peroxidase blocking solution is 3% v/v
hydrogen peroxyde in distilled water for 15 minutes.

I am afraid that this blocking is not enough. How can I be sure that I have
totally removed the endogenous activity? Are there stronger treatments than
mine?

Should the endogenous peroxidase staining appear only in red cells and
granulocites or could it also produce a background staining in the whole
tissue?

Best regards

Pablo Sanchez