[Histonet] endogenous peroxidase blues

Jeff Gordon JGordon <@t> cellmarque.com
Fri Jan 28 00:41:11 CST 2005

Patsy, we have a product that would probably help you out.  It's called Peroxfree, and it is an endogenous peroxide block that can be used on any staining medium because it isn't hydrogen peroxide, so it doesn't lyse the cells like H2O2 would.  Because of this feature, it is especially useful for cytosmears and cytospins.  Check out our website for the product:

http://www.cellmarque.com/products/reagents.php

If you have any further questions, let us know.  We would be happy to send you more information.

Jeff Gordon
Cell Marque Corp.
1-800-665-7284, Ext. 12

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Patsy
Ruegg
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 4:10 PM
To: Histonet <@t> Pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] endogenous peroxidase blues

Is there a sure fire way of iliminating endogenous peroxidase from
granulecytes in acetone fixed cytospins for hrp IHC?  Can I solve this
problem without changing to a non-hrp detection enzyme?  I am trying to
stain T lymphocytes in cytospins of sputum.  I do get cd3 positive
lymphocyte looking cells, but agressive efforts has not completely blocked
endogenous peroxidase in some of the larger cells with granules.
Thanks for your help,
Patsy