[Histonet] tissue slicer

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Jan 25 13:35:55 CST 2005

Hi Tom:

    Sort of depends on how big the heart is. A deli slicer seems like a
good idea, as long as it gives reproducable sections. For small hearts
(mouse, rat) you could get a bunch of razor blades and glue them
together with "super glue" including metal spacers of the appropriate
dimensions in between the blades. A lot cheaper that a deli slicer. You
could also invest in a "Vibratome" a device for cutting sections of
either fixed or unfixed tissue.
    Since I teach Gross Anatomy I would be very interested in the
results of your research!

Geoff

--
--