[Histonet] Fluorescence staining

Eva C Anderson eca9 <@t> georgetown.edu
Tue Jan 25 10:10:41 CST 2005

Hi,
We are looking into trying some Fluorescence staining. We want to try a
TSA Fluorescence System from PerkinElmer. The IHC protocol does however
leave me with some questions.
We always dehydrate our samples after staining. The protocol however
doesn't mention this. It only says that the samples can be
counterstained and mounted after incubation with the Fluorophore
Tyramide. Should we dehydrate and is there a particular mounting media
we should use to prolong the time that fluorescence can be detected? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for all your help,
Eva
Georgetown University