[Histonet] heart specimens.

cfockler <@t> mail1.vcu.edu cfockler <@t> mail1.vcu.edu
Wed Jan 19 16:39:10 CST 2005

-------------------
> Dear colleagues,
> I more than appreciate your help and always read histonet with
interest. I will follow your advices for next processing.
> I have new model Shandon Excelsior processor ,.fully automatic and
enclosed and I am not able to add or remove any steps, do not have
access to reagents and can not use other reagents, only can play with
time and on/off vacuum.Thank you again.If you have some more tips I
will be glad. I will let you know how the corrections will work.
> Galina Deyneko
> Novartis Cambridge, MA
> 617-871-7613

> We have the excelsior as a demo, and if you need to you can access
the reagents.  You just have to do a dump on them.  For us, I can go
into the "Check wax, reagent" menu (its the last one on our machine)
and you can inspect each reagent and either put it back, or discard it
into an empty waste container and replace it with fresh.  In order to
change the settings you would have to call shandon themselves.  I can
change ours, but like I said its a demo and if you have an access code
in place you'll have to call about it.  If you really do want to
change the reagents I would just give shandon a call, they are the
most helpful, service oriented company I have dealt with.
Good luck.

Candyce Fockler
Histotechnician
Anatomic Pathology