[Histonet] Formalin vapor fixation

Favara, Cynthia (NIH/NIAID) cfavara <@t> niaid.nih.gov
Wed Jan 19 15:32:26 CST 2005

Has anyone ever fixed frozen sections with formaldehyde vapor? I have looked
in Bancroft and Stevens and they mention it as a suitable fixation. I can
not find a protocol. My intention is to place a cotton ball soaked with
0.5ml of NBF in the bottom of a coplin jar, put slides in cover a leave @RT
for 15 minutes.

Sound good?

Cynthia Favara
NIAID/NIH/RML/LPVD
903 South 4th Street
Hamilton, MT 59840
406-363-9317

Disclaimer:
The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential
and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who
is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in
error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other
storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall
not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not
expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives