[Histonet] control slides

Sebree Linda A. la.sebree <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 7 08:10:36 CST 2005

We routinely stockpile our control slides (Fisher "red box" control
slides) and store those that are for antibodies that decrease in
antigenicity over time in a -20 degree C freezer.  Others that have no
such problem we store at RT.  We have used control slides that have been
frozen for 2-3 years with no problem whatsoever; the antigenicity is the
same as the stained slide we keep on file.  As for who cuts them, we cut
them if we have time, otherwise we ask one of the histotechs in Surgical
Pathology to cut a batch for us in their slow time.

Hope this helps,

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Clinical & Research Laboratory
DM223-VA
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792