[Histonet] control issue

Drew Sally A. sa.drew <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 7 08:52:38 CST 2005

One thing I would heartily recommend if storing control slides in the
freezer is to make sure the sections are thoroughly dry prior to
freezing-you don't want the tissues to lift off.  You will also want to
make sure the freezer is not the self-defrosting sort.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mildred
Fail
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:00 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] control issue

I have been asked to put the patient tissue on the control slides. I
readily see the benefits in doing so, but I need some advice on how to
make the transition. We have seventy controls for IHC and 30 for SS 131
Antibodies
I would like input from anyone who has had to make this transition. How
did you get enough controls cut to make the transition? Who cuts your
controls? How do you manage to keep up with the volume necessary to
manage this task? Any advice would be greatly appreciated? Rena Fail

Rena Fail