[Histonet] Laminin antibody

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Thu Apr 7 08:09:27 CDT 2005

We use the same antibody at 1:20 with proteinase k from DAKO for 10min at RT.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long live free speech!

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Coolen, Neeltje
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 3:37 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Laminin antibody

Dear Histonetters,

Are there any people who have experience with the following anti-laminin
antibody: mouse monoclonal, clone 4C7 from DAKO (code no: M0638)?
We tried to use this antibody on paraffin-embedded human skin tissue
(formalin-fixed), but it did not work. We tried several antigen
retrieval procedures, like pepsin, proteinase K and trypsin digestion,
but all of these fail.
Does anyone know an appropriate antigen retrieval or should I try
another antibody?

Thank you for your help.

Neeltje Coolen, PhD student
VSBN