[Histonet] Cresyl violet vs. cresyl violet acetate

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Mon Sep 27 15:24:53 CDT 2004

I find the most important skill is knowing your resources and where to look
for the answer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff McAuliffe [mailto:mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 2:36 PM
To: GUTIERREZ, JUAN
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Cresyl violet vs. cresyl violet acetate

Weighing in on this topic .......

GUTIERREZ, JUAN wrote:

>Isn't looking in the histonet almost the same as if looking it up in a
book?

If she knew which book to use and where to find it she would have the
information by now.

> At least an effort is being made to look in the right place.
>What do you all think?

She need to be able to use the library, after all she is a graduate
student!

>I think the fact that Jennifer was able to find us means that she put some
effort into it.

I don't know how much effort she put into finding us, maybe she just
used google?

> Shouldn't we reward her?

The knowledge and knowing where to look for it should be the reward.
There are a lot of resources that, due to their age, will probably never
be digitalized and available on the internet. Students need to be able
to use the library. Histonet does not work too well on the weekends or
when the server is down.
My $0.02 worth.

Geoff

>I'll keep my answer on hold until we can find a consensus.  Good luck
Jennifer.

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.