[Histonet] Peptide preparation for antibody validation

Tan, MinHan MinHan.Tan <@t> vai.org
Tue Sep 21 14:15:55 CDT 2004

Good afternoon, fellow Histonetizens:

- I would like to enquire as to the preparation of peptide for the
purposes of antibody validation.

- We have a rabbit polyclonal antibody against a novel peptide target
made by Invitrogen that has cytoplasmic staining on IHC in formalin
fixed tissue.

- We do not have any more of that peptide, and we would like to make
some to perform some competitive IHC (pre-incubate peptide + antibody)

- I would like to enquire: what kind of purity of peptide do we need
(70%, 90%, 95%?) and does it need to be amidated?

- If there is anything else I'd need to watch out for, would appreciate
any pointers! :)

Thank you!

Min-Han Tan
Van Andel Institute

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.