FW: [Histonet] Histo. Assistant Job Descriptions

Bonnie Whitaker bwhitaker <@t> brownpathology.com
Tue Sep 14 11:40:24 CDT 2004

OOPS... attachments bad!!  Pasting good.

Below is our aid job description.

Bonnie Whitaker

Job Description for Laboratory/Grossing Aid

Reports To:                           Laboratory Manager

                                               Pathologists

Qualifications:

           Education:                   high school student or have diploma
or GED

           Experience:                not required

           Certification:               not required

           Personal:                    The Lab/Grossing Aid must
demonstrate an ability to listen carefully and follow directions well.  The
incumbent must quickly grasp the work-flow of specimen accessioning and
grossing and become familiar with these procedures.  The incumbent must
demonstrate reasonable intelligence, diligence, accuracy, cooperation,
neatness, and promptness in keeping with the prestige and image of this
laboratory.  The incumbent takes guidance and instruction from the
pathologists, with whom they are working, as well as the Laboratory Manager
and Executive Director.

Responsibilities:                           The Lab/Grossing Aid will be
responsible for the following duties:

1.     Accessioning specimens and assisting with grossing procedures
including:  cassette labeling, pulling specimens for additional tissue
submission, and discarding specimens in accordance with policy/procedure
manual.

2.     Assisting with the performance of routine maintenance and QC
procedures on equipment to include but not limited to cryostat, grossing
area, stain setup and filters.

3.     Maintenance of inventory

4.     Routine changing of stains with appropriate records maintenance.

5.     Cleaning of the grossing area and instruments.

6.     Any filing or routine clerical duties necessary.

7.     Other duties as assigned.

General:

1.     The Lab/Grossing Aid shall be responsible for maintaining all company
records of a proprietary or confidential nature secure and confidential and
shall return all lists of clients, potential clients, and all other records,
at Brown & Associates request.

2.     The Lab/Grossing Aid is responsible for representing B&AML in a
professional and dignified manner befitting the status of the laboratory in
the Houston Medical Community.

3.     The Lab/Grossing Aid will be expected to comply with all policies of
B&AML as stated in the employee handbook and any newly instituted policies
not specifically stated in the handbook.  Will be expected to keep assigned
work area as neat and clean as possible so as to afford the maximum
functional usage of the assigned area.  Will be expected to keep all records
and files available and accessible to authorized personnel at all times.

4.     Lab/Grossing Aid must be in reasonable good health with no record of
chronic illness resulting in undue absence from work.

I, the undersigned, have carefully read the above job description and fully
understand all that is stated herein.  I agree to perform all of the duties
above as well as any other duties deemed necessary by my supervisor within
the limits described here.

EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE                                                     DATE

LABORATORY MANAGER                                                  DATE

Bonnie Whitaker