[Histonet] DAB precipitates Help please

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Jan 22 13:45:25 CST 2004

If I have a DAB ppt problem, I look for a DAB kit that doesn't produce
them!! Some companies have better, less precipitating DAB's than others. It
could be a lot problem?  Maybe contact company to see if this is a problem.

You can microfilter DAB solutions using syringe and microfilter (45
micrometer pore size in nonsterile units (cheaper), then pipette or
dispense directly onto.  This is messy and another handling of chromogen.

  At 05:17 PM 1/22/2004 -0000, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I have been using DAB successfully for a while, but today when I stained my
>sections, there were huge clumps of DAB precipitates stuck all over the
>section. I didn't do anything different and it was a brand new kit. I am
>sure that I mixed it well as I vortex for about ten seconds prior to use.
>
>Is there a way of removing these to see the section underneath? I have tried
>copious washing with PBS and left them for a long time in alcohols and
>histoclear.
>All help gratefully appreciated,
>
>Anila Syed
>

>---