[Histonet] substance p

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Tue Feb 24 12:43:10 CST 2004

Are you all talking about Substance P or Substance P receptor??
Just curious.

Brett

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dana
Settembre
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 12:53 PM
To: M.Bromley <@t> dgri.scot.nhs.uk; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] substance p

Hello Mike,
I have stained for Substance P using a company I had never used before;
The Arnel Products Co.
P. O. Box 20045/ New York, NY 10021 800-333-6078

I used it with DakoCytomation's ready to use Prot. K for 5 min. at room
temp.
The dilution I used was at 1:3000, using a human brain as a control.

Next time I might try Chemicon, as the other person on the Histonet
mentioned.

Good Luck
Dana Settembre
University Hospital - UMDNJ
Newark, NJ

>>> Mike Bromley <M.Bromley <@t> dgri.scot.nhs.uk> 2/24/2004 4:51:30 AM >>>
Hi All
Has anyone immunostained for substance P on formalin fixed paraffins.
would appreciate info re: antibody type and source, retrieval etc

Best Wishes

Mike Bromley

Chief Biomedical Scientist
Pathology
Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary
Scotland, UK

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and
intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed.
> If you have received this e-mail in error please return it to the
address
> it
> came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from
your
> system.

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New
Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the
United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as
Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail
and then delete it from your system.