[Histonet] Re: GFP Antibody

Sw918890 <@t> aol.com Sw918890 <@t> aol.com
Tue Feb 24 13:03:31 CST 2004

--
We are in the process of working up the Anti-Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) on mouse brains.  First of all, what source would you recommend for this antibody?  We would prefer to use a polyclonal antibody since we are doing the stain on frozen tissue.  Any protocols/optimal methodology would be appreciated.  On the rare case where we get the antibody to work, we are experiencing severe photo bleaching within seconds of looking at the section.  We are currently using Vectashield for our mounting media.  Any other alternatives?  Would you recommend cutting the sections and staining them on the same day?  Any other special handling of the tissue would also provide the insight that I am needing.

Thank you in advance,

Steven R. Westra
University of Iowa Health Care