[Histonet] MMP-1 immuno labelling of placenta

renton louise mrs rentonlf <@t> bru.wits.ac.za
Mon Aug 16 02:44:22 CDT 2004

1. Was the tissue fresh when sampled? autolysis can alter IHC dramatically
2.Placenta contains a lot of biotin...are you blocking adequately?

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: "Y. Wang" <ynwang <@t> u.washington.edu>
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:35:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Histonet] MMP-1 immuno labelling of placenta

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience immuno labelling placenta tissue with
anti-MMP1? We have tried this (cryosections with ABC kit with DAB) but are
getting alot of (what we assume to be) background and nothing that looks
like images we have seen on-line. Seeing as we have not had any experience
with placenta tissue we are questioning if we are took the tissue from the
correct place from the placenta (we were given a whole one which we took
random samples from).

Thank you for your help
Yak-Nam Wang

Senior Fellow