[Histonet] FLI-1

Houston, Ronnie Ronnie_Houston <@t> bshsi.com
Thu Sep 25 11:47:45 CDT 2003

Hi Liz,

FLK-1 and FLT-1 are cell membrane receptors for VEGF; Fli-1 is a
transcription factor/regulator. As it is a nuclear protein, yes, in a strict
sense, it doesn't stain the same as CD31 or CD34 or Factor VIII, but it is
specific for endothelial cells.
Ronnie

Ronnie Houston
Regional Histology Operations Manager
Bon Secours HealthPartners Laboratories
5801 Bremo Road
Richmond, VA 23226
(804) 287 7972
ronnie_houston <@t> bshsi.com

Hi Liz,

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Chlipala [ mailto:lizchlipala <@t> premierhistology.com
<mailto:lizchlipala <@t> premierhistology.com> ]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:58 AM
To: 'Fearn Tony'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] FLI-1

Tony

I believe the antibody you are talking about is FLK-1 or FLT-1, another
name for it is VEGF-R2.  From what I understand it does not stain the
same as CD34, I don't believe it is specific for endothelial cells, it
will stain other things also.  You can get this antibody from Santa
Cruz.  We have worked on this in the past and in our hands it was a
tough one.  It does play a role in angiogenesis.

Liz

Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)
Premier Histology Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592
Boulder, Colorado 80308
Office: (303) 735-5001
Fax: (303) 735-3540
lizchlipala <@t> premierhistology.com
www.premierhistology.com

Ship to Address:
Premier Histology Laboratory
University of Colorado
MCBD, Room A3B40
Boulder, Colorado 80309

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
CONFIDENTIAL information and may be read or used only by the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of
its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately
purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or
contact the sender at the number listed above if one is provided.