[Histonet] bielschowsky silver with lfb

Houston, Ronnie Ronnie_Houston <@t> bshsi.com
Thu Sep 25 08:54:31 CDT 2003

Jeff,
I don't have experience with the Bielschowsky and LFB, but combined LFB with
a Palmgren's silver impreganation technique (far superior and easier to
perform than Bielschowsky in my humble opinion). You need to do the LFB
technique first before carrying out the silver.
Let me know if you want any more details, and I'll try to search through my
files.
Ronnie Houston
Regional Histology Operations Manager
Bon Secours HealthPartners Laboratories
5801 Bremo Road
Richmond, VA 23226
(804) 287 7972
ronnie_houston <@t> bshsi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Halstead [mailto:halsteaj <@t> ohsu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 9:37 AM
To: <Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] bielschowsky silver with lfb

hello all just wondering if anybody has done or seen a bielschowsky silver
stain for cns and then stained with the luxol fast blue. a researcher here
has been told to submit slides for review with this combo of stains. i
personally have never done these together. am going to try , but was
wondering if anyone else has had any experience with these two stains .
thankyou.

The information in this communication is intended to be confidential to the Individual(s) and/or Entity to whom it is addressed.
It may contain information of a Privileged and/or Confidential nature, which is subject to Federal and/or State privacy regulations.
In the event that you are not the intended recipient or the agent of the intended recipient, do not copy or use the information
contained within this communication, or allow it to be read, copied or utilized in any manner, by any other person(s).  Should
this communication be received in error, please notify the sender immediately either by response e-mail or by phone at 410-442-3250,
and permanently delete the original e-mail, attachment(s), and any copies.