[Histonet] FLI-1

Houston, Ronnie Ronnie_Houston <@t> bshsi.com
Thu Sep 25 08:48:04 CDT 2003

Tony,

Fli -1 is a nuclear endothelial marker, and appears to be involved in
proliferation and tumorgeneisis.

You can get the polyclonal antibody from Santa Cruz Biotechnology, cat
sc356 (the UK # is 800 4573 8000). We have used it for quite some time now,
and the pathologists think it is great.
You may want to look at the following article:

Expression of Fli-1, a nuclear transcription factor, distinguishes vascular
neoplasms from potential mimics.
Folpe AL, Chand EM, Goldblum JR, Weiss SW,
Am J Surg Pathol 2001; 25(8): 1061-1066
Ronnie Houston
Regional Histology Operations Manager
Bon Secours HealthPartners Laboratories
5801 Bremo Road
Richmond, VA 23226
(804) 287 7972
ronnie_houston <@t> bshsi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Fearn Tony [ mailto:Tony.Fearn <@t> cd.burnleyhc-tr.nwest.nhs.uk
<mailto:Tony.Fearn <@t> cd.burnleyhc-tr.nwest.nhs.uk> ]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 8:15 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] FLI-1

> One of our pathologists has just returned from a conference in Milan and
> is asking if we can get FLI-1, as an endothelial marker, that is meant to
> be better than CD34. I've looked in the DakoCytomation and Novocastra
> catalogues but there is no mention of it. Does anyone know where I can get
> it, and is it worth buying?
>
> Anthony J Fearn
> Chief Biomedical Scientist
> Histopathology

The information in this communication is intended to be confidential to the Individual(s) and/or Entity to whom it is addressed.
It may contain information of a Privileged and/or Confidential nature, which is subject to Federal and/or State privacy regulations.
In the event that you are not the intended recipient or the agent of the intended recipient, do not copy or use the information
contained within this communication, or allow it to be read, copied or utilized in any manner, by any other person(s).  Should
this communication be received in error, please notify the sender immediately either by response e-mail or by phone at 410-442-3250,
and permanently delete the original e-mail, attachment(s), and any copies.