[Histonet] isopropanol as dehydrating agent in microwave processing

pooja chopra dr_pooja_chopra <@t> hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:34:56 CDT 2003

Dear Histonetter,
I am a new user of this email group. I am a resident doctor doing my thesis
research on microwave fixation and processing in a moderately funded
government laboratory in India. I am using a domestic microwave oven, as a
lab oven is not affordable.
I have been able to use only isopropanol (IPA) in the microwave processing
schedule as it is very difficult to get license for ethanol in India. I have
read lots of discouraging things that IPA should not be used as dehydrator,
even in microwave method. I would like to hear from someone, regarding
whether there is any way of making use of IPA both as dehydrator and
clearing agent.
Thanks,
Pooja Chopra