[Histonet] Finger Nail Softening

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Thu Sep 18 09:44:55 CDT 2003

I don't know if it is still available, but in the old days we used Nair to soften toe nails.  We just covered the nail with it for a couple of days and then processed it.  Good luck.

Juan C Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Brent Norris [mailto:hectorjito26 <@t> hotmail.com]
	Sent: Thu 9/18/2003 9:18 AM
	To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
	Subject: [Histonet] Finger Nail Softening

	Hey all!

	I was asked a question about softening finger nails before or during processing that would make them easier to cut and allow them to hold on to the slide. They want to do this instead of any kind of treatment to the nails after they are embedded in paraffin so that it isn't just on the surface. If anyone has a procedure for this or a reference from a manual I would really appreciate it. You can email me directly at   banorris <@t> utmb.edu

	thanks once again

	Brent A. Norris

  _____