[Histonet] how to embed/section mesentery?

Linke_Noelle Linke_Noelle <@t> Allergan.com
Thu Sep 18 09:45:47 CDT 2003

Hi Felix,

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in the mesentery.  Last
time we did this (in rats), we trimmed by starting with the mesenteric
lymph node, and trimmed all the mesentery off by following the GI tract.
Then, using the lymph node as a center point, spread out the mesentery
between 2 sponges and processed flat.  That way it comes out of the
processor ready to embed flat!

Hope this helps,

Noelle Linke, BS, HTL(ASCP)
Allergan, Inc
Irvine, CA 92612

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix.Rintelen <@t> serono.com [mailto:Felix.Rintelen <@t> serono.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:19 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] how to embed/section mesentery?

Dear all,

Is there anybody who may give me advice how to make good sections of
parafin embedded mesentery (mouse)? How to prepare the tissue for
embedding
and how to handle it to embed/orient it properly in the parafin block?
My
concern is especially the soft consistency of the tissue making me feel
that the proper orientation in the block might be difficult.

Thank you very much in advance,

Felix

Felix Rintelen
Serono Pharmaceutical Research Institute
Geneva, Switzerland

********************
S - This message contains confidential information and is intended only
for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
received this
e-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be
contain malware. The
presence of this disclaimer is not a proof that it was originated at
Serono International S.A.
or one of its affiliates. Serono International S.A and its affiliates
therefore do not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message,
which arise as a result
of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a
hard-copy version.
Serono International SA, 15bis Chemin Des Mines, Geneva, Switzerland,
www.serono.com.