[Histonet] validating oil red O

Gudrun Lang g.lang <@t> bigfoot.de
Fri Sep 12 05:13:39 CDT 2003

Don't you use frozen cuts with the fat-staining?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeremy Browne
  To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
  Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 3:53 AM
  Subject: [Histonet] validating oil red O

  Anyone out there with an idea of oil red O staining could be validated?

  We need to set up a range of fat concentrations on slides, stain and then check to see that there is a linear response relationship between fat concentration and staining intensity but because fat melts and slides off slides this is not easy.  However, I imagine that someone out there is histoworld has solved this problem - perhaps with an intermediate substance to which the fat adheres?

  Thanks

  Jeremy Browne

  Liggins Institute

  University of Auckland