[Histonet] Muscarinic receptor detecting

Liu Shao Hui seri_liushaohui <@t> snec.com.sg
Fri Sep 5 21:50:11 CDT 2003

Dear All,

I am currently trying to detect the existence of different muscarinic receptor subtypes in human tissues using immunofluorescence. My samples are OCT imbedded.  I have tried fixation with 4% paraformaldehyde, acetone, acetone:methanol, 95% ethanol, neutral buffered formalin.  I have used primary antibodies from R & D and Biogenesis.  So far all the antibodies light up the whole cell with no intensified staining on the plasma membrane.

I wonder if any one has done stainings on muscarinic receptors or other 7 transmembrane protein receptors and like to share your success with me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Andea Liu
Ph D student