[Histonet] Re: C-fos stain

Davis, Gareth gareth.davis <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Sep 5 18:21:41 CDT 2003

Gareth,

I am not doing free floating sections, mine are cut at 5u and mounted on
glass. I do a steam retrievel using a 6.0pH buffer for 30 minutes
followed by a 10 minute cool down. Then I rinse well, buffer rinse for
5-10 minutes and stain. I use the c-fos from Oncogene,Cat#PC38 at
1:20,000 overnight at 4 degrees followed by Signet biotinylated
secondary and streptavidin third and DAB as a chromagen. I counter stain
1 min with Haematoxylin and run down and coverslip.

Hope this helps.

Colleen Forster
U of MN

Ms. Gareth B. Davis