[Histonet] Help; looking for a stain receipe for TTC

Morken, Tim - Labvision tpmorken <@t> labvision.com
Tue Oct 14 10:35:22 CDT 2003

SSgt Bernie

If this (below) is the same article, I notice that they have an email given
for contact. Maybe ask them the particulars.

I can tell you that Trizma HCl and Trizma Base are from Sigma (look under
Trizma in the chemical list). They supply it like this, in two parts, so you
can mix the exact pH buffer you wish to use (between pH 7 and 9) . They give
instructions with the chemicals. Another way to do it is to get Trizma
pre-set crystals which will give you the exact pH you want with out any
mixing of chemicals (between pH 7 and 9).

Ann Thorac Surg 2000;69:84-89
(c) 2000 The <http://ats.ctsnetjournals.org/misc/terms.shtml>  Society of
Thoracic Surgeons

  _____

LV-powered coronary sinus retroperfusion reduces infarct size in acutely
ischemic pigs

Jeffrey S. Martin, MDa, John G. Byrne, MDa, Olivier Y. Ghez, MDa, Umer
Sayeed-Shah, MDa, Sergey D. Grachev, MDa, Rita G. Laurence, BSa, Lawrence H.
Cohn, MDa
a Division of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical
School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Address reprint requests to Dr Byrne, Division of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham
and Women's Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115
e-mail: jgbyrne <@t> bics.bwh.harvard.edu <mailto:jgbyrne <@t> bics.bwh.harvard.edu>
Background. We developed a prosthetic left ventricle (LV) to coronary sinus
(CS) shunt (LVCSS) that is autoregulating and provides LV-powered retrograde
perfusion of the coronary sinus.
Methods. Each of 20 Yorkshire pigs underwent 1 hour of left anterior
descending diagonal artery occlusion followed by 3 hours of reperfusion. The
controls (n = 5) did not have shunt treatment. The LVCSS group (n = 9)
underwent shunt treatment during the ischemic period. The LVCSS with partial
coronary sinus occlusion (PCSO) group (LVCSS+PCSO, n = 6) underwent shunt
treatment and PCSO during the ischemic period. Vital staining and planimetry
techniques were used to determine the area at risk for infarction and the
area of necrosis.
Results. The area at risk was not significantly different among groups. The
area of necrosis was decreased by 53% in the LVCSS group and by 73% in the
LVCSS+PCSO group when compared to controls (p < 0.01 among all groups).
Conclusions. The LVCSS reduces infarct size in pigs after acute coronary
artery occlusion. The addition of PCSO to LVCSS further improves myocardial
salvage.

Tim Morken
Lab Vision / NeoMarkers
www.labvision.com