[Histonet] RE: mast cells

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Fri Oct 3 03:56:18 CDT 2003

Hi Noreen,
Apart from the histology solutions there is a very good IHC staining
for mast cells too. We have been successful using a directly alk.
phosphatase labeled anti-tryptase antibody from Chemicon (MAB1222A).
Tryptase is an enzyme present in mast cells only. Beautiful staining on
both cryostat (1:500, overnight 4C) or FFPE sections (HIER with
citrate6.0, 1:500 overnight 4C). For alk. phosphatase chromogen use
either New Fuchsin (Dako K0596), Permanent Red (Dako K0695) or Vector
Red (SK-5100).

Chris van der Loos
Dept. of Cardiovascular Pathology
Academical Medical Center