[Histonet] multi-specimen blocks

Nancy.Walker <@t> sanofi-synthelabo.com Nancy.Walker <@t> sanofi-synthelabo.com
Fri Nov 7 12:03:06 CST 2003

Need advice from you tissue arrayers.

I want to put on the same slides 10 specimens of about a 5mm diameter. When
browsing the web about tissue microarray, this is what I understand from
Thom Jensen's site  http://www.arrayworkshop.com/index.html

-punch out cores from existing blocks
-place them in the holes of a recipient block that was punched when warm
-place them upside down on a glass slide and warm to 37°C
-press block on sides to set punches in paraffin
-cool block before removing slide and cut with standard microtome
techniques.

Do you warm the existing blocks before punching? Any advice for a neophyte,
other cool web sites etc.

thanks,

Nancy Walker
Molecular Biology Scientist