[Histonet] appropriate pay for grossing techs

Tague, Curtis CTague <@t> ahs.llumc.edu
Fri Nov 7 12:25:31 CST 2003

considering the amount of time the pathologist saves, i'd say something in the mid to high 20's would be appropriate. i think lumping a grossing tech in the same range as a routine H.T. is inaccurate... i do both which is why i support the seperation and a higher wage. in southern calif. the average H.T. is in the low to mid 20's.

i'd love to hear any other input.

curt

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Jen Steinberg
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 13:33
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] appropriate pay for grossing techs

Hi,
   I'm hoping someone can help me.  I was wondering what the appropriate starting wage of a grossing tech would be for a private path lab which works mainly on small skin, gyn, and oral specimens and processes about 250 cases a day (between 2 grossers).  Would the pay be any different if the employee had an M.S.  The position is entry-level.  Thanks very much.

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney  <http://launch.yahoo.com/video/?1093432&fs=1&redirectURL=http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/> Spears

Confidentiality Note:

The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.