[Histonet] Perfused versus non-perfused tissue for IHC

Subratab subratab <@t> bdonline.com
Wed Dec 3 14:25:19 CST 2003

Dear All
For IHC some researchers use perfused tissue section. Others use
non-perfused tissue for the study of the same antigen. My questions are:

1. What are the advantages of using perfused tissue over non-perfused tissue
for IHC staining?

2. For what type of antigen study tissue perfusion is essential?

3. What type of differences may I encounter between perfused and
non-perfused tissue stained for the same antigen?

Thank you in advance for answer and clarification.
Please let me know any link (like website or article) where I can get detail
discussion on this issue

Subrata Biswas
Nephrology Div of Internal Med
UNICAMP, SP, Brazil.