[Histonet] Processor failure

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed Aug 27 07:28:28 CDT 2003

Fellow histonetters:
I haven't done this in years.  I came in this a.m. to find the tissues on
my processor suspended in air over the first absolute alcohol station.
Apparently, the machine, a Shandon Citadel 2000, was moved too close to a
wall and stuck as it tried to rotate.  I have about 100 xenografts to
rescue.  Right now they all look and feel like bb's.  My plan is to
rehydrate them and reprocess them, but I have my doubts as to the quality
of the morphology and any subsequent IHC.  As I said, I haven't screwed up
a basket of tissue in years and years - so I would appreciate any new
ideas on possibly saving these tumors.  Thanks in advance.

Jackie O'Connor