[Histonet] Histologist position

marjorie lehman Marjorie.Lehman <@t> unilever.com
Wed Aug 27 06:38:31 CDT 2003

Dear Netters,
This has been my job for 42 years, so if you want any more information feel
free to contact me. Marjorie.Lehman <@t> unilever.com

HISTOLOGIST

Edgewater, New Jersey, UNITED STATES

SUMMARY: A detail oriented histologist needed for a full time position at
Unilever Research and Development in Edgewater, NJ.
Degree/Qualification Preferred: BS
Majors/Subjects Preferred: Biology

Job Description:

Unilever Research and Development has an immediate opening for a Histologist to
Join our team in Edgewater, NJ. Primary responsibilities will include tissue
trimming, processing, freezing, microtome and cryostat sectioning, basic and
immuno
histochemical staining and imaging (regular and confocal).  Expertise in using,
maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment including confocal
microscope is required.
The candidate will provide training in histology to other users and assist in
determining appropriate methods of fixation, processing and staining for
various research
projects.
The individual should be able to use image-processing applications for data
analysis, should assist in the development of new histochemical assays, prepare
technical reports and make scientific presentations.  The individual will be
responsible for ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.  Experience
in biological
electron microscopy (tissue preparation and sectioning) would be a plus.

Contact: Manoj.Misra <@t> unilever.com  or Fax 201-840-8291