[Histonet] frozen myocardium sections

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Tue Oct 6 09:32:25 CDT 2009

1. Cool the isopentane with liquid N. Put a metal rod (aluminum, brass,
copper) in the chilled isopentane. Wait for the rod to cool.
2. Put the tissue+OCT on a metal object disk, microtome chuck or even a
small metal plate.
3. Put the metal supporting the tissue on the chilled metal rod, the
tissue will freeze rapidly without cracking or touching the isopentane.
Voila!
Put the tissue in the cryostat at the appropriate temperature for
sectioning and have some coffee while the tissue "warms up" to cutting
temperature.

Geoff

--
--