[Histonet] Ihc control tissues

Val T vtolley25 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:52:23 CDT 2024

Hey Charles-

Our research lab prepares a “multimouse” control. We embed 10 organs on the same slide and it serves as a +/- control for just about every IHC marker.
However, if you don’t want to do that- here are some tissues that would make nice controls.

> BCL-2- spleen, lymph nodes
> Caspase-3- spleen, lymph nodes
> CD117- skin, spleen, brain, lymph nodes
> CD62E (e-selectin), bone marrow, colon
> Collagen II, cartilage
> Desmin, heart, skeletal muscle
> GFAP, brain, spinal cord
> HMB45, skin
> Ki67, spleen, bowel
> p53, tumors, colon
> s100, colon, muscle

Brain can serve as a negative control on just about all these. CD117 will have some expression in the cerebellum, but will be negative in most other areas.
Heart can be a negative control for GFAP.
Val