[Histonet] HTL Certification

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 15:48:53 CDT 2024

Make flashcards, all your esoteric fixatives with recipes, and all your
special stains with reagents and what they stain for.  Work them both sides
till you can get 100% consistently.   For example, so you can answer the
questions "What is the oxidation step in a GMS?" as well as  "Which of
these stains uses silver nitrate?"  There WILL be a question about which
fixative to use or not use with uric acid/gout.  There WILL be a question
about fire extinguisher types.

There you go, I just gave you two free ones.

I wouldn't even worry about the photomicrographs.  They're so lousy you end
up just guessing anyway.  You can miss all the photo questions and still
pass.

By the way, the convention when listing your credentials is to only list
your terminal degree, unless you want to point out some certification in
another field, like M.D., MBA, or MSN., J.D., or BSN, MPH.  Yours would be
B.S., HTL, (ASCP) CM.

Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL (ASCP)