[Histonet] Tissue repository

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 17:26:44 CDT 2024

Sorry Igor, but if you can't get informed consent, it's not legal or
ethical to sell patients' surgical specimens.  There are laws in all 50
states. The body or parts thereof have to be explicitly donated.

If you have informed consent, you can sell them for a large profit, as lots
of non-transplant tissue banks do. That's a multi-million dollar, highly
profitable industry.  How could it not be, getting something for free, and
selling it for top dollar.

You might be thinking, "who's going to know?"  In my experience, lots of
people are nosy and vindictive for no good reason.  You could end up in
prison.  Consult an attorney.

Sorry to ruin your retirement plans.

Sincerely,

Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL (ASCP)