[Histonet] Mice/Rat brain

Paula Sicurello patpxs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 09:04:30 CST 2023

Hi Renee,
Brains are notorious for being difficult.  Processing has to be just so, embedding has to be just so, and sectioning?  Well, just plain tricky.
It sounds like your water bath may be a smidge too cool.  Brains are picky that way.  Water bath too warm?  Poof!  The section explodes.  Too cool? Wrinkles.
Can you use vibratome sections or do you need FFPE sections?

Paula Sicurello