[Histonet] destain for IHC

Katleba, Maria Maria.Katleba at foundationhealth.org
Thu Feb 9 08:38:48 CST 2023

Oh no!!! We cut all slides on +

BUT you can do this. It’s what we do when we have H&E on plain slides.

Whether  you have a dry unstain from another lab that sent u a slide, or your H&E that you just took the coverslip off…

Place it in. Coplin jar with 1-3 DROPS of formalin, cover, place In 60ft degree oven for 60 min. You want the bottom of the jar to be moist not floating in it

After 60 min remove and open UNDER A HOOD (it’s a vaporized carcinogen)
Air out 10-15 min… place on stainer

The drops vaporize and the aldehyde goes through tissue and make it adhere to the slide permanently.

I do this when I cut nails or anything that won’t stay on a plus slide.

Maria

Sent from my iPhone