[Histonet] maximum thickness brain in slide

Paula Keene Pierce paula at excaliburpathology.com
Fri Aug 4 15:32:31 CDT 2023

Hi, we were trained to section human brain at 8-12 µm.
Paula Keene Pierce, BS, HTL(ASCP)HTPresidentExcalibur Pathology, Inc.5830 N Blue Lake DriveNorman, OK 73069PH 405-759-3953http://www.excaliburpathology.com

A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye. - Klingon Proverb

    On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 03:03:44 PM CDT, Colleen Forster via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

 Even 30um is too thick for the routine IHC on glass. You will never
penetrate the whole thickness for staining.

Colleen Forster HT(ASCP)QIHC