[Histonet] maximum thickness brain in slide

Alonso Martínez Canabal acanabal at ciencias.unam.mx
Fri Aug 4 13:17:27 CDT 2023

Good afternoon Histoneters,
       I have been doing IHC and IF during decades in rodent brain tissue,
always in free floating. Now, I would like to do that sections placed over
slides and perform the whole procedure over the slide. I am interested in
using thick sections, usually I used 50micrometers, what is the maximum
thickness that I could use in slide to guarantee the correct penetration of
the antibodies and the ABC complex. Before the IHC I always use graded
alcohols and xilene, and antigen retrieval with citrate buffer.
      Thank you!

--
Dr. Alonso Martínez Canabal PhD
Profesor Asociado "C"