[Histonet] Technical/Performing

Abbott, Tanya tabbott at pennstatehealth.psu.edu
Wed May 4 05:47:09 CDT 2022

We currently have a "performing location" listed on our reports. CAP is telling me that if you have technical work at one lab, and sign out/Interp at another lab, you must list both on the report.
We are a multiple facility where my lab does our own work, but will be performing technical work for another hospital in our health system. I also have a bigger hospital that will be doing this for different facilities. So 5 facilities in total.
Thoughts on how to handle this? We are thinking a generic disclaimer but it's going to be lengthy! Hope my explanation made sense?!

Tanya G. Abbott, HT (ASCP)CM, MLT(CSMLS)
Pathology Manager

Penn State Health St. Joseph
Pathology Department
(o) 610-378-2635