[Histonet] Sakura SmartWrite software issue

Jennifer Phinney jhill at vet.k-state.edu
Wed Mar 16 11:07:29 CDT 2022

Hello Histonetters,
For those using the Sakura SmartWrite cassette printer, how many of you are using the SmartWrite Software V 3.1.0 that came out in 2019? We don't have the autoloader, so we print one cassette at a time.

We recently updated from the 2017 version, and have ran into an issue with the case information not clearing out after printing. We have to manually delete our accession number and reset the number of cassettes we are printing each time. I have worked with Sakura to try and figure out why the information is not clearing out as it's supposed to. We have rebuilt our templates and have not been able to correct the issue.  Sakura is telling us no one else has had this issue with the current version of the software. Which is not the first time a company has tried to gaslight us by telling us we are the only customer experiencing a widespread issue. We are going to reinstall the older software version (with it's own bugs/issues) in the meantime, since it's less problematic.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Were you able to correct the problem?

Thanks,
Jennifer Phinney M.S. QIHC
Histology Laboratory Administrator
KSVDL