[Histonet] Microwaving Slides

Amos Brooks amosbrooks at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 17:22:18 CST 2021

Hi Samantha,
     Microwaves are terrible! I am really not a fan of them in general, but
especially for drying slides, and even moreso for slides intended for IHC.
    There is no way to really monitor the temperature the slides get to.
Sure you can get a fnacy one with a probe, but that probe only monitors the
solution it is in, not the small bubbles of water under the section or even
the section itself. You end up with areas that get *really* hot and areas
that are barely heated at all. At best you get an average heating.
     You would be much better off using an oven and even better a
convection oven. A small fan to move the heat around really drys the slides
out well

Message: 1